Wednesday, October 8, 2008

1st Ultrasound

Today was our first ultrasound at 6 weeks 1 day. I've been down in the dumps these last few days. Even though I've felt sick & not that great, I started spotting a bit. I was completely convinced that it didn't work or maybe I was loosing it. I had no cramping at all, so I didn't think that, but the spotting just got to me. Well, we go in, she checks my ovaries (they were fine), my cervix (fine), seemed like she kept stalling, so I started to get upset..... then she says, "You guys are having Twins!!" I couldn't believe what I just heard. I looked over at Jason & his eyes were watery then got VERY LARGE. He looked like a deer in headlights!! :) Poor thing. They measured right where they should. Baby A's heartbeat was 110 & Baby B's was 111. They said that was right where it should be. They each are in their own little sack or "home" And like I said before, are developing right where they should be. I go in 2 weeks for my 8 week ultrasound to make sure they keep growing & then I can start seeing my own dr. after that. I will be sad to leave that place. Our actual dr. came in to tell us congrats.... I was still in such shock still, that I know I kept saying "thank you, thank you, thank you". After years of trying & tests & poking& disappointments, it was all worth it to have this moment right now. We even saw their little hearts beating. Was amazing. I still can't believe this, but so thankful to everyone for their support & their prayers. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Christia said...

Oh AMY!!!! Oh my gosh! TWINS!!! I'm so excited for you!!! HOLY COW, TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe it! WOOHOO!

Katie said...

I don't know you, but I'm friends with Christia and found your blog from her page - we're going through some fertility stuff too and I just had to tell you how happy I am for you. I'm sure that sounds a little strange coming from somebody you've never heard of but when I read that you were having twins I actually got teary... We have another week to see if our latest attempt worked but in the meantime, I'm living with your happiness - thank you.