Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Counting the Hours

I know it is has been a long time since posting on here. Don't think many people would find it interesting hearing all my paranoid thoughts & feelings. So I figured I should just keep it too myself. I am 17 weeks now. In a few hours we have our appt. It is 3 am & I am up, but I went to bed like at 7!! I am soooo old. I know I have to have some bloodwork done & I am hoping an ultrasound too. I am going to beg & plead for one at least. :) Many of my twin-mommas'-to-be have already found out what they are having by this time, so I am going to ask if we can find out the same. I am excited & anxious. Trying not to get my hopes up too high, just in case they make me wait until 20 weeks, but still, if I can at least see my babies & have pics of them to show to the family, I think that would be a wonderful Christmas gift. I haven't seen my little peanuts since 10 weeks, so I know they look much different now. It is hard not knowing & I am uber impatient. But, I've waited a long time for this, so if we have to wait, I guess a few more weeks won't kill me!

We ordered our cribs & changing table the other day. That is our Christmas gifts. We figured we've got twins on the way, & honestly, Jason & I do not need anything anyways, so it is only right that it should all go towards the nursery. I am getting excited about decorating, have a few ideas, but just waiting on the ultrasound. My ma-n-law got us a great glider, which I love, so that was our first piece of furniture in there. My mom got us a great tandem buggy & 2 swings.

Can't believe how fast this all is going. I've been trying to enjoy it, but it makes me worry a little that this whole pregnancy is just flying by. I've waited so long for this & I want to enjoy it, but it needs to slow down just a tad. I might be saying something different in a month or two, but right now I wanna enjoy this. Who knows if we will be lucky enough again for this to happen.
I will post any news I get from our appt. today. Keep your fingers crossed we can find out the sexes of our babies. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Christia said...

Any news AMY? :) I'm glad for the update! I am so excited for you!