Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting there

Had probably one of the most amazing moments so far during my pregnancy. I've had other great moments, but this makes it so much more real. I felt my babies kick. I've been feeling it for a little while but never when I actually touched my belly. I just pushed down gently & there it was! Was a bit strange at first, but by far the most amazing thing ever! Jason even got to feel it too. Think it freaked him out at first but then he thought it was pretty cool.

Now onto some news about Jason. He starts school this Monday at Bates. He isn't happy at Nordstrom's anymore & it is time for him to make a change. He will still be working there of course while going to school. So yep, that leaves me to take care of the boys when they arrive. Thankfully my mom is spending 6 weeks (or more!) with us when they arrive. What a huge help that will be. To some the timing of this might be wrong, but people do this sort of thing all the time & although it is hard, they make it work. This is to benefit our families future, which is all that matters to me. I know this next year will be hard, but I am so proud of Jason. This cannot be easy for him either.

Our last dr. appt went really well. Babies heartbeats are still great. Go back in a few weeks for the glucose test. Not really looking forward to that, but you do what you've got to do, right? I got my pre-registration papers for the hospital too. I had a mini-breakdown then. Right there in the dr. office. I know it is coming up, but it is just scary. We also talked about the fact that I will have a scheduled c-section. But we would talk more about that at my next appointment. I guess that is comforting to me in a way. Now my mom will know for sure when to show up. It hasn't been easy going through this without her here with me, so I am beyond thrilled that she will be here for this. Not that she would EVER miss this for the world. These are her first you know!

1 comment:

Christia said...

Where are you delivering?! I'm SO excited for you Amy! I love that you're catching up to me, in one fell swoop :) Love you!