Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day Before my Big Day

So tomorrow (the 28th) is my suppression check appt. at 8:45 am. Not thrilled with the early appt. & dealing with downtown Seattle traffic at that time. But if things go well, I will have to get used to early morning appts. once the daily bloodwork starts. Eeekkk..... I am a bit nervous about tomorrow. It is hard to tell if the Lupron injections I've been giving myself are working or not, nothing feels different I guess. I started my period just like I was supposed to after my last dose of birth control was on Saturday. So that is a good sign, right? I just hope that tomorrow goes well. I think the only thing that has changed is that I am a weepy mess. Even at work, I am a weepy mess. Thankfully the girls I work with are cool, & let me hide in the corner for a bit until I get over myself.
So tomorrow they will do an pelvic ultrasound to check that I am "suppressed", meaning no cysts have formed or anything & then bloodwork. If everything looks good, I will be accepted in the IVF Club. Would really suck to get to this point & have it cancelled, but I am trying to stay positive. I just get nervous about these things. If all goes well, I will get my schedule of doses of 2 more injections that I will have to give myself & any labs I will need done & on what days. Kind of scared to see that chart because we saw an example of one during our injections class, & it looked pretty crazy. Thankfully all the staff there are really helpful & patient, so that makes it a bit easier. Keep your fingers crossed that it all goes well for me tomorrow. I will post again when I get the news!

No comments: