Saturday, August 2, 2008

S.I.S. Test

Yesterday was my S.I.S (saline infusion sonogram). It was some what funny because it was all the things I've done up to this point, but all at once. S.I.S is a lot like IUI's. Use the same catheter, but instead of injecting sperm, it is saline solution, then the little ultrasound wand goes in, they look around, measure, all that fun stuff. I couldn't tell what they were looking at. I've gotten pretty good with spotting my ovaries on that thing, but I once thought my bladder was a tumor! I am a bit dramatic what can I say? The dr. was wonderful & explained everything she was doing & what was on the screen I was looking at. She even cracked a little joke, which I won't repeat, but it totally made me relax. Either that or it was all the ibuprofen I pumped myself up with! My uterine lining was good & there were no polyps!! May sound lame to others, but that was a little victory for me. Made my whole day. She took a look at my ovaries to see what was going on. My right one had 6 "resting eggs" & the left had 2. She said Dr. Marshall will be happy with everything. Whoo-hoo! I met with my IVF coordinator, Fran, to make sure since there was a delay on my period, if we needed to update my schedule. Thankfully we won't. Jason & I goto our "shots class" on Thursday. She said we get to practice on a variety of fruits. That should be interesting. I am a bit nervous, but more anxious than anything. My first shot is on the 17th of this month! That will be here before you know it. So far everything is going smoothly. Almost too smoothly for me. I am always really leary when things go too well. I've been in this position before, all this good news & then failure. I am staying postive though. This is a journey I never want to forget, no matter the outcome

No comments: