Friday, September 26, 2008

# 2

Had blood work this morning to make sure my numbers from Wednesday went up. Was nervous about this one, because the day we found out we were pregnant, I got a call from my parents saying my grandmother was in the hospital & it didn't look good. She had a stroke last August & aside from her speech, she seemed to be doing o.k. Well, she began to bleed internally. I guess that can happen with the type of blood-thinner she was on since the stroke. She lost a lot of blood & honestly it didn't look good. I couldn't believe that the day I thought may never happen, the happiest day of my life turned into heartache. My grandmother is in Vancouver, Washington, which is about 2-2 1/2 hours away. We spent all day yesterday with her. She was alert but very weak. She has had 13 transfusions since being there. It is one of those catch-22 things. They found the source of her bleeding in her colon, but they are hoping it will heal on its own. Today she was doing a lot better, didn't bleed as much, but it will all depend what her blood work comes back as to what the next step is. This has been a crazy week to say the least. Our family also found out that Thomas Martin, the man that killed my sister, died on Sunday. Such a strange thing still to think that he is dead. He took a big part of my life away from me when I was 14 & I've had to live my life without her since then, but he has been alive & walking this earth the whole time. For me, it is something that will take some getting used too. Hopefully this will help bring some closure to my family after all this time.
Back to my blood work today. Wednesday was 401. Today it was 809!! It doubled! That is a great sign. So I started yet ANOTHER shot in the butt. I will say this, I HATE THIS ONE. It is progesterone in sesame oil. Lets just say that I am STILL feeling it in my cheek & it has been about an hour! Not fun. But all for a good cause. I will still do the same progesterone in oil like I have been doing...& in a few days I will do the other one. It was kinda cool, cause the little schedule she gave me for these shots today said "Days to begin progesterone after POSITIVE pregnancy results!" Yes!! I am still getting used to it. Will take some time to let it sink in. Thankfully my grandmother was alert & I could show her the pictures of them from the transfer & tell her she was to a great-grandma. I will never forget how big her eyes got & she cried. I hope this will give her something to keep fighting for. I am going to head off to bed, I am TIRED! And I am heading down to Vancouver again tomorrow morning to spend the day with her. I have another appointment on Sunday morning, so I will post the results then!!

1 comment:

Christia said...

AMY!!! I'm so thrilled that your numbers are rising! I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, I will keep her in my prayers. And I can kind of relate now, to your sister being killed. And I can't imagine what it would be like if Dave was dead too...I dunno...it's kind of like where does that energy go? The energy that it took to stay mad at him? Anyway congratulations! I look forward to seeing your ultrasound!!!