Monday, September 15, 2008

Transfer


Yesterdays transfer went really well. The embryologist told us that the 2 we were transferring were grade A (meaning they are the best!) They will be freezing 5 others, possibly 1 more that are all grade A!! These are the pictures of our day 5 blastocyst that were transferred. :) The whole procedure itself was painless. Much easier than the those IUI's I did in the past. I would cramp up so bad during those. During an IVF transfer, your bladder has to be super full in order for them to get the best image on the ultrasound. We watched as the embryologist sucked them both in the transfer tube on a big screen, then they were brought in, & our re put them in. They had marked where my uterine lining was (which looked good still too) & you could actually see the catheter go in, then these 2 very small things come out. I lost it then. Was the most amazing thing in the world to see. Then it was all done. Just had to lay there for 20 minutes then off we went. I slept part of the day & just resting again today. In 10 days we will know if it worked. They said that there is a 50% chance of twins (Jason freaked a bit on that one) & a 70% chance at pregnancy. So we got some odds on our side, but it is still up in the air. They said I had a perfect IVF cycle, so that makes me feel good..... Now we just have to wait!!

1 comment:

Christia said...

Amy, are those your babies? I'm crying! I'm so happy for you! I'm praying a lot!