Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 6

Yesterdays appt. went well. Actually saw my Dr. so that was wonderful. My left ovary was a little more visible then on Tuesday. I have 15 follicles so far. My Dr. likes to see 15-20, so she is happy with what I have so far, & the other part of my ovary isn't visible yet, so I am really on target. I know there was concern about hyper stimulating, & I completely understand that, & I don't want to deal with the side effects of that at all. But I am hoping there is a little more than 15 in there. It sounds like some huge number, I am sure. But that is no guarantee that they will be viable. I am not being a debbie downer or anything, but there is that chance. Any who, we decided to to the conventional method. Meaning, they will put my eggs in a dish & add the sperm & pray the sperm can figure out where to go!! Shoot, there isn't anywhere else they can go in the little dish, so lets hope they don't get lost in there. We got some serious problems if that happens! :) The other method is ICSI, where they inject 1 single sperm into the egg. That is usually for sperm related issues, which we don't have. I hope it works. Yesterday was also my pre-op. Just did my weight (damn my scale IS right), height, blood-pressure, all that fun stuff. Everything checked out o.k. She went over the procedure itself, which takes around 15 minutes. They don't mess around that is for sure!! In & out!! I will be there for around 2 hrs or so. It was reassuring that they don't let you leave until you can at least get up & dress yourself. Better than what they did to me after my laproscopic procedure. I woke up & 5 minutes later they were shoving me outta bed. Craziness!
I asked the Dr. when she thought the retrieval might be, & depending on how tomorrows (Saturdays') appt goes, it looks like it will be this Tuesday! Then the transfer will either be on Friday or Sunday. Most likely Friday. One week from today! Oh my!!
I know the egg retrieval will not be pleasant at all & I am prepared for that as much as I can be. But the idea or thought that this might be it for Jason & I makes me wanna take whatever discomfort or whatever to reach that goal. Honestly, I've never been more proud of myself ever. I've had some emotional moments during this, but all & all, I've been strong. I am no longer the little weak infertile person. I'm a person who was dealt with a challenge & I am going to face it head on. No matter the outcome of this cycle, or any others we may have to do, I will never forget how hard I fought & how many fears I've overcome.

1 comment:

Christia said...

Oh Amy! I'm so happy for you! I'm praying so hard! :) Hugs!!!!!!!!!