Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The news

Today was my beta. I am PREGNANT!!! Can you freakin' believe it? My # is 401, so they said it was excellent numbers. I go in on friday morning to make sure my #'s keep going up. I am in shock still. Just got off the phone with Jason, he is at work, & they are short staffed, so I think he is in shock like me. He kept telling me congrats!! Poor thing. I really thought this was going to come back negative since I had a little bit of spotting yesterday..... I just can't believe this at all. I've gone through all of these fertility treatments for a reason, but after so many negatives, you get used to it after awhile I suppose. So when you hear something different, it puts you into shock or something. Such a weird place to be in. But a great one!!
Just called my parents, my mom is at work, but I talked to my dad. I told him that he was going to be a grandpa & his reply was "I am too young & handsome to be a grandpa". I know he said this to get me to stop weeping & get me to laugh. And it worked to some degree..... Now I can't wait for my mom to get off of work later & she finds out. You will probably hear her screaming from Montana!! :) She has waited a long time for this & I've wanted to tell her she was going to be a grandma for a long time too.....
Keep your fingers crossed that my #'s keep going up, & that they are healthy. And Christia, I know u read this so I will tell u that you've been such a wonderful friend to me. Always supportive & understanding. You truly are a wonderful person with a great big heart. You are far away, but I am sending u a little hug for always listening to me blab!!

2 comments:

Christia said...

Amy I am so happy! I'm seriously crying!! I Just knew it! Now I just get to wonder if you're going to sell your bugaboo for a twin stroller :)

Barry said...

Congrats Amy! Christia was so excited to tell me the great news. Being a parent is so much fun. I'm happy for you guys. Best of luck!