Friday, September 12, 2008

7

Dr. just called, looks like my transfer will be on Sunday!! 7 of the 9 are super strong, the other 2 are a little bit slower. So, since we have so many stronger looking eggs, they want to wait to do a transfer on day 5 blastocyst stage to weed out the best ones. I am excited but a little nervous. They still have the rest of today & Saturday to keep growing, so I am hoping that we don't loose too many more. 7 is still a lot though. And we are only transferring 2. We shall see what happens. In so many ways this is better, scheduling wise. Jason is at work today & if the transfer was today, he would have to leave work to come with me since they have you take a Valium 30 minutes before the procedure. Not sure why that is exactly, so that has me a bit worried. Also, you have to drink tons of water. They say 1 liter. Yes, 1 liter!! They can better see everything with the ultrasound if you have a full bladder.
Everything is looking really good they said, so I can stop worrying now for a bit. I know if it is meant to be it will happen, if not, we will try again. This whole process really wasn't as bad as I feared. Don't get me wrong, it is not walk in the park, but really wasn't too bad. Jason has been doing a really great job with my progesterone shots in the morning. He is the lucky one that gets to give it to me since it is in the butt. The needle is frighteningly long, I will have to take it's picture & post it. Makes your cheek a bit sore the rest of the day, but nothing I can't handle. I am so freakin' proud of Jason for taking charge & having the strength to give me my shots. I am sure he takes some sick pleasure of jabbing me with that long thing in my rear, so he knows it will keep me in line. :) Depending on how I feel after Sunday, I will try to post. Keep your fingers crossed..............

1 comment:

Christia said...

Amy, are they going to transfer all 7?! Oh my goodness! I'm SO SO SO excited for you!