Sunday, September 7, 2008

Here we go!

Today was much better than yesterday. I saw the same re as yesterday, but this appointment went a lot better. Thank heavens. Started off like usual, checking my lining, which she said was beautiful. Only someone in her field could say something like that. :) Then the EXTREMELY large right ovary stuffed with follies. No doubt the right ovary is the over-achiever in this cycle. The left is still being a turd. Still hiding partially, but we could see more today. She says that it won't be too difficult to get those out even if it is tucked behind the uterus. We shall see. I have a total of 18 follicles, but only 12-13 are mature enough. That is plenty. So this morning was my last shot of Lupron ( tear ) & the only shot I get tonight is the HcG. And that is the one I've feared since the very beginning. Partly because it goes in my ass & the other part is that Jason has to be the one to give it to me. God, I hope he can do this tonight. It has to be done at the exact time they tell you ( at 9pm tonight) or it will affect the whole retrieval on Tuesday. Oh, yeah, did I mention, my follies are getting sucked out this Tuesday at 8 am sharp!! Thank goodness. I've promised myself not to ever complain throughout this whole thing, & if there is one thing I could complain about is the bloating. Yuck. Makes getting dressed interesting. :)

In a nutshell, today was a good day. Makes me confident going into our appt on Tuesday. Now, if I could only stop having those dreams. I have this reoccurring dream of the scene from "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" (the original one), where they go in the room with the golden goose. Except the goose is me. In a cage, laying the eggs that either are "good" or if they are "bad" that awful rejection noise comes on & the rotten egg is dropped down below. Strange I know. But every night for the past few nights, that has been my dream.

So there it is... Tuesday is my big day. Doubt I will be able to post that day, but will try on Wednesday to keep it updated. I should know by then too, how many made it & how they are doing. Also the day of the transfer. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Christia said...

Amy I am so so happy that your appointment was better!! I am praying supr hard!! Hugs!