Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 8 of ART cycle

This morning was my appt. I didn't see my regular re, this was the one I saw on Tuesday, that I wasn't too impressed with. I've been feeling good, almost too good I suppose, so I should've seen this coming. She walks in, asks how I am, I tell her I am doing good, & she tells me that I have nothing to worry about because I've had " the most perfect cycle". Kiss of death right there. Then the ultrasound starts. Of course lazy left ovary is still partially blocked. The right one, the one that hurts sometimes has the most. But, after all the measuring & counting, she counted 10. 5 less then what my dr. counted on Thursday. I am not sure what happened to the other 5, nor did I ask. I don't know if she got all of the follicles or not. It is hard to tell which ones have been counted or not. I can only pray she counted wrong. I asked about the 10, which she said was on the low side. I remember my dr. telling me she like 15-20. I made a sour face, I am sure of it. This dr. noticed, then she said that even though it is low numbers, that because of my young age, that it could mean they are better eggs. Yeah, right lady. I may not be a dr., but I've read my stuff. Thing that sucks is that my dr. & my coordinator don't work weekends. So, I have to wait until monday to find out from them what they think. And to top it all off I have to go back again tomorrow morning. Not really sure why.... so she can tell me I have 5 instead of 10?! I don't know what to think or do anymore really. I should've remember from all the previous things, that even though things can be "perfect" doesn't mean crap really in the end. All you end up with is some positive words & a negative pregnancy test. I knew they were being too careful with me. I just knew it. So, they are still saying retrieval is on Tuesday, I will still go on with it, just to get the experience under my belt for the next cycle. I knew this could possibly happen, so that is just the way it goes I suppose. Hopefully by some great miracle tomorrows appt will give me a little more of my hope back.

1 comment:

Christia said...

I'm not giving up hope. I'm optimistic that this doctor didn't see the ones hiding on your left ovary!! Hugs!