Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9


The egg retrieval yesterday went really well. You have all this build-up cause you are not sure what to expect from it & how you will feel afterwords. Everyone was really nice & so helpful. I got dressed in my lovely gown, booties, & cap & off I went to the procedure room. Jason had to head off to his special area to do his thing. They started an IV, got me hooked up to all these monitors, then came the very nice "relaxing" drug. That was wonderful. I didn't really care at that point who came in or out of that room then. Then our Dr. came in & talked to me a bit. Not sure what I said or even if it made much sense, but next thing I knew, the oxygen mask was on me, & they knocked me out.

I woke up in the recovery room with Jason at my side. I took one look at him & I wept like a fool. Not sure the exact reasoning behind the tears. I know I kept asking him how they were & how many there were. "They" being my eggs. There were 10, with the possibility of more once they got washed. And everything went well. I wasn't in much pain at all. Just achy, kind of crampy feeling. Nothing major at all. I spent the day in bed, doing nothing.

Today I am better, little bloated, but no achy feeling. I have been cleaning up the house while clenching onto my cell phone for the update as to how the follies are doing. The nurse just called & told me they got 12, but 9 have fertilized so far. The other 3 were not quite mature enough. That is fine with me. I was terrified they wouldn't fertilize at all or something would be wrong with my eggs or something. So far they have me scheduled for day 3 transfer (Friday @ 3:30), but she said it is looking like it will be a day 5 blastocyst transfer on Sunday.

I'll see if I can add the pictures off of our clinics website so you can see what they look like. Pretty interesting stuff. We will also get a picture of them before they get transferred. So far everything is looking good. I will post later once I know more about how they are doing!

http://www.pnwfertility.com/laboratory/microscope.asp

If the pictures don't show up on my post, just click the link to our fertility clinic, & you can see the pictures. :)

1 comment:

Christia said...

Ammmmmy! I am SO excited for you! I got your email, but on my phone (I haven't checked regular email yet!) I'm SO happy!! I'm praying a lot still. This is such an amazing journey thank you for letting me be apart of it! I wish I was still in Washington to help you!